Code of Conduct for The Tilly Project Affiliate Photographers and Community Members
- Respect for subjects: Photographers should treat their clients with dignity and respect.
- Those seeking the services of a The Tilly Project Affiliate Photographer acknowledge that many Affiliate Photographers charge for their services. By utilizing The Tilly Project Affiliate Photographer Search Tool you agree to respect the photographer’s service menus and pricing structure. Most of our Affiliate Photographers are professional photographers running their own business and it’s vital to show them respect when seeking their services even when you are in an emotionally charged state of mind.
- Professionalism: The Tilly Project Affiliate Photographers should maintain a high level of professionalism in their interactions with clients, other members of The Tilly Project community, and the public. This includes being punctual, reliable, and honest in their business practices.
- By representing yourself as an Affiliate Photographer of The Tilly Project you agree to respond to every potential client that reaches out to you. If your business model doesn’t match the client’s request or needs that is absolutely fine but the person searching for services deserves your acknowledgment of their request.
- Respect for copyright and intellectual property: Photographers should respect the rights of other photographers and artists by not using, copying, or reproducing their work without permission. They should also be aware of copyright laws and obtain proper licenses for any copyrighted material used in their work. Do not infringe upon the copyrights or intellectual property rights of others. Give credit to the original creators when sharing their work, and obtain permission if necessary.
- Environmental considerations: Photographers should be mindful of the impact of their work on the environment. They should strive for sustainable practices, such as minimizing waste and reducing their carbon footprint. When shooting on public property Affiliate Photographers should adhere to a “leave it cleaner than you found it” philosophy.
- Be Respectful: Treat others with respect and empathy. Avoid engaging in personal attacks, bullying, or harassment. Remember that The Tilly Project online community consists of diverse individuals with different opinions and backgrounds.
- Think Before You Post: Take a moment to consider the impact of your words before sharing them. Avoid inflammatory posts and comments. Be mindful of the potential consequences of your posts and how they may affect others. This includes inside The Tilly Project online communities AND anywhere else that you are representing yourself as a The Tilly Project Affiliate Photographer (including your personal and professional account).
- Maintain Privacy: Respect the privacy of others by not sharing personal information without consent. Avoid sharing sensitive or confidential information that may harm individuals or compromise their security.
- Be Inclusive: Embrace diversity and promote inclusivity. Refrain from discriminatory or offensive language, and avoid stereotyping or generalizing communities or individuals based on race, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or any other characteristic.
- Engage in Constructive Discussions: Encourage meaningful conversations and exchange of ideas. Express your opinions respectfully, listen to others, and be open to different perspectives. Avoid engaging in heated arguments or escalating conflicts.
- Be Accountable: Take responsibility for your actions and words online. If you make a mistake, apologize and try to rectify the situation. Do not engage in deceptive practices, impersonation, or the creation of fake accounts.
- Report and Block: If you encounter abusive or inappropriate behavior, report it to The Tilly Project Moderators. Use the blocking feature to avoid further interactions with individuals who consistently violate the code of conduct.
- Stay Updated: Familiarize yourself with the terms and policies of the social media platforms you use. Stay informed about any updates or changes that may affect your interactions and behavior online.
- Privacy and confidentiality: Photographers should respect the privacy and confidentiality of their clients or subjects. They should handle personal information and images responsibly and only use them for agreed-upon purposes.
- By utilizing The Tilly Project services, database and social media accounts you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the content you post. We reserve the right to remove any content we deem inappropriate or that is not in line with our mission. Further we reserve the right to remove and ban users that do not adhere to our Code of Conduct and do not demonstrate RESPECT FOR ALL.
Remember, a code of conduct is meant to create a respectful and inclusive environment for all members of The Tilly Project community. By following these guidelines, you can contribute to a positive online community.